Benefits of Team Collaboration in the Cloud
Collaboration is the business activity most transformed by the cloud. Cloud has made all possible. Collaborative documents editing, access from anywhere and anytime, document synchronization when online and many other features are now available with cloud based collaboration tools. This has helped SMBs to efficiently develop, become more efficient and make their employees more productive and happier. Cloud solutions developed for collaboration aim to help individuals and teams interact more and ease online teamwork.
The advantages of cloud based solutions enabling collaboration are numerous, such as:
- Online sharing of documents and ideas: collaborative editing and creation of documents, adding comments, checking revision history are just some of the features most appreciated by people using these tools within organizations. Day to day document sharing can come with discussion threads, whiteboards and group editing as well as version control and revision mark-up.
- Good collaboration tools can transform long meetings into productive workplaces.
- Ease of Set-up and Use: Cloud collaboration applications don’t need to be installed, downloaded or upgraded. Applications are easy to learn and utilize, many of them are available for a free trial to see whether they are a candidate for a task or not.
- Remote access to documents: documents stored in the cloud can be accessed anytime, anywhere. This is extremely important and efficient, especially nowadays when people need to have access to their documents whether they are in their office or on the go.
- Multiple device availability and increased flexibility: cloud solutions are available for PCs and Macs, smart phones and tablets and support all operating systems, offering more flexibility to employees and businesses.
Cloud team collaboration and communication applications and features have always been of interest to me. With input, corrections or updates available from all in real time, progress is virtually instant and team members can contribute from anywhere, anytime. Team collaboration has never before been easier and more efficient. This is one industry developing very fast, with providers bringing more and efficient features to the market.
Photo source: https://www.sxc.hu/photo/1193411